Web Developer (ASP.NET) (Project-Based Contracts)
zlinemedia is seeking a Web Developer to work on high profile interactive projects. zlinemedia is fast becoming the trusted source for interactive consulting and development in the state. Our clients range from non-profits to Fortune 500 companies, and we are looking for another Web Developer to add to our team.
He/she must have excellent communication skills, be a great team player, and take deadlines seriously. We are looking for people that are willing to work hard and grow. Must be a self-starter and able to confidently manage own task's effectively without frequent supervision. Professional, attentive & extremely well organized with the ability to prioritize & multi-task.
- 3+ year's web development and content-management system experience using ASP.NET 3.5+ (VB or C#)
- Solid understanding and respect for usability and latest web standards using XHTML/CSS
- Self-motivated and able to multi-task.
- Open to be challenged by Creative Directors, Project Managers, and Clients.
- Serve as development consultant on proposals and bids.
- Excellent communication skills and a great team player.
- Work closely with designers for implementation of projects
- Complete ownership of projects, from development to review, implementation, testing and deployment
- Must be able to work to deadlines, both independently & within the team.
- Must be adaptable & be experienced in coping proficiently with fast changing situations & tight deadlines.
- Experience building and maintaining content-managed websites.
- BS Computer Science or related technical field
- Setup, install, and optimize CMS (.NET) for client websites. Integrate templates and write custom CMS modules for advanced functionality.
- MSSQL Database setup and development. Creating and optimizing MSSQL queries.
- Experience setting up and maintaining IIS and server configuration to optimally run web applications and content-management systems.
- A solid understanding of Web Standards and SEO best practices
- Tools: SVN and Mantis
- Social Media API Integration (e.g. Flickr, Twitter, Facebook, etc.)
- Google Maps API, Docs and Calendar Integration
- Open and able to learn new languages and technologies quickly.
- Provide support for some existing websites that use classic ASP
Desired Skills a big plus:
Knowledge of Flash development using XML, Actionscript 2.0/3.0, and animation/transition classes. (big plus if you have advanced skill set in Actionscript)
Experience with LAMP and open-source content management systems (ModX, Expression, Drupal, Wordpress)
Keep in mind we are looking for a digital master so you should have an online portfolio or screenshots and links to existing sites. Just send the URL with a detailed description of your involvement on every project to email@example.com No phone calls please, and don't forget your resume. We encourage motivated, self-starting telecommuters, independent contractors, freelancers, and part-timers to apply. This is not a fulltime position, but project-by-project contracts.