Interactive Designer (Project-Based Contracts)
zlinemedia is seeking an Interactive Designer to work on high profile interactive projects. zlinemedia is fast becoming the trusted source for interactive consulting and execution in the state. Our clients range from non-profits to Fortune 500 companies, and we are looking for another Interactive Designer to add to our team.
The Interactive Designer should have 3 years of interactive design experience. We are looking for rare individuals that have a gift for original thinking, a broad exposure to design and design styles as well as having a mastery of the tools involved in developing the interactive medium. Candidates must have proficiency with Photoshop, Flash, Fireworks for storyboarding, Autodesk Maya, Video editing, After Effects, Sound design and XHTML/CSS. Candidate must have extreme proficiency with Flash motion development and XML/Actionscript 2.0/3.0 development skills.
He/she must have excellent communication skills, be a great team player, and take deadlines seriously. We are looking for people that are willing to work hard and grow. Must be a self-starter and able to confidently manage own task's effectively without frequent supervision. Professional, attentive & extremely well organized with the ability to prioritize & multi-task.
- 3+ year's interactive agency design experience.
- Solid understanding and respect for usability while maintaining creative flair.
- Self-motivated and able to multi-task.
- Open to be challenged by Creative Directors, Project Managers, and Clients.
- Excellent communication skills and a great team player.
- Provide support for the Creative Director, when required.
- Work closely with developers for implementation of projects
- Work within the design team to create impressive high quality interactive experiences, online graphics, rich-media banner ads, and email campaigns.
- Complete ownership of projects, from design to review, implementation, testing and go live
- Creation of initial design from a written or verbal creative brief. Must have excellent online commercial understanding and working creatively within existing brand guidelines
- Ability to create captivating user experiences. Strong, flexible creative flair & superb attention to detail, producing work of a consistently high standard.
- Full understanding of the possibilities & limitations of XHTML, CSS, XML, accessibility & CMS on the creative solution.
- Must be able to work to deadlines, both independently & within the team.
- Must be adaptable & be experienced in coping proficiently with fast changing situations & tight deadlines.
- Experience working on content-managed websites – both Flash and HTML
- Proven experience with Flash video delivery and integration of sound, motion graphics, animations and transition sequences. Working Knowledge of FLV video encoding & optimization using Sorenson squeeze or similar software.
- Extreme proficiency with Flash motion development and XML/Actionscript 2.0 and 3.0 development.
- Proficient in Flash, Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks. Autodesk Maya 3D modeling/ animation and Papervision skills would be a distinct advantage.
- Ability to create and style standards-compliant XHTML and CSS templates from Photoshop comps.
- A solid understanding of Web Standards and SEO best practices
Desired Skills a plus:
Web App technologies – ASP, PHP
Databases – SQL Server, MySQL
Web Servers – Windows/IIS, Apache
Tools – SVN, Mantis
Social Media API Integration (e.g. Flickr, Twitter, Facebook, etc.)
Google Docs, Calendar and Maps API
Keep in mind we are looking for a digital master so you should have an online portfolio or screenshots and links to existing sites. Just send the URL with a detailed description of your involvement on every project to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please, and don't forget your resume. We encourage motivated, self-starting telecommuters, independent contractors, freelancers, and part-timers to apply. This is not a fulltime position, but project-by-project contracts.